Effective: June 13, 2019
“Cookies” Explained and Why They are Used
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your computer or device in order to remember information about you, such as your language and/or currency preference or login information. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that you have previously visited the Site or used a feature of the Amber System and to identify which parts of the Site and Amber System you might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online experience by storing your preferences during your visit to the Site and/or use of the Amber System.
Categories of Cookies
Session and Persistent Cookies
- Session Cookies - these are cookies which expire once you close your web browser; and
- Persistent Cookies - these are cookies which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them.
First and Third Party Cookies
- First-party cookies - these are cookies set by the website that you are visiting at that time, either by us, or by a third party at our request;
- Third-party cookies - these are cookies that are set by a party other than that of the website you are visiting. If you visit the Sites or use the Amber System and another party sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Types of Cookies Used by LatticeWork and for What Purpose
LatticeWork, or our service providers acting on our behalf, uses the types of cookies identified above in the following ways:
Strictly Necessary – These cookies are necessary for the Sites and Amber System to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Sites and/or Amber System may not work. For example, these cookies are used to:
- Remember information that you fill in when performing certain activities on the Site and/or use of the Amber System.
- Pass information from one page to the next, for example when filling out support forms or surveys.
- Provide the Site and/or Amber Systems according to your preferences such as language, location, and currency.
- Store settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your computer or devices resolution details.
- Read your browser and device settings to optimize the display of the Platform.
- Locate and identify misuse of the Services.
- Load the Site uniformly to maintain accessibility.
- Offer options to store your log-in details to streamline your access to the Sites and/or Amber System.
- Enable embedded video content.
- Fraud prevention and authentication.
- Maintain, operate, and continually improve the Sites, Products, Applications and Services.
- Keep track of the number of visitors to the pages within the Sites.
- Keep track of the length of time that each visitor spends on the pages within the Sites and/or the features of the Applications.
- Determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages within the Sites and/or features of the Applications.
- Determine the website a visitor was at before navigating to the Sites and the website a visitor is going to immediately after leaving the Sites.
- Identify performance issues with the Site and/or Amber System (or any component thereof).
- Assess which parts of the Site and/or Amber System (or any component thereof) need improvement
- Obtain information from our email newsletters or other communications we send to you, including whether you opened or forwarded a newsletter or clicked on any of its content, which tells us about our newsletters' effectiveness and helps us ensure that we're delivering information that you find interesting.
Functionality Cookies -- These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. These cookies let us operate and provide the Sites and Amber System to you according to your preferences. For example, we use these cookies to:
- Provide you the Sites, Applications and Services based on information you provide to us, such as remembering your username and how you have customized the Sites, Applications, Products and/or Services.
- Remember information that you fill in when performing certain activities on the Sites and/or the Applications, or in connection with the Services
- Store your preferences such as language, location, and currency.
- Offer options to store your log-in details to streamline your access to the Sites, Amber System and related Services.
Content Sharing Cookies - Certain content on the Sites and/or Applications (e.g. articles, pictures and videos) can be shared and liked via social media by means of “share” buttons. If you click on the “share” button for a third-party social media site, that social media site will collect your personal information and data for their own purposes. As stated in the Privacy Notice, LatticeWork has no control over how these third-party social media services make use of your personal information and data. We encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies for such third-party social media services to understand how your personal information may be used by them – and adjust your privacy settings accordingly. Please refer directly to the privacy policies linked below of the third-party social media services currently available through the Sites and/or Applications:
Targeting/Advertising Cookies – These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organizations. LatticeWork uses these cookies to:
- Keep track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones.
- Keep track of how many visitors click on the advertisement.
- keep track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement.
Please note that even if such cookies are not used you may still be shown advertisements through the Sites and/or Applications that do not utilize cookies.
Please refer to the privacy policies linked below of the third party advertising services currently utilized through the Sites and/or Applications:
How to Manage Your Cookie Preferences
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent prior to setting cookies (except for strictly necessary cookies). In order to manage your cookie preferences, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of Platform will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in.
To learn more about cookies, including how to manage cookies and opt-out of cookies being placed on your device, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
While tracking is widespread over the internet, there are things you can do to minimize these activities, as explained here
- You may download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
- You may turn on the Do Not Track (“DNT”) setting in your browser, which will enable your browser to send a special signal to websites, analytics companies, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. To turn on your DNT signal, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/#adjust-settings. Please note that not all companies will respond to or honor DNT signals.
- You can also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- With respect to social media “share” buttons, many of these social media sites handle tracking differently depending on whether or not a user is logged in and the preferences selected by users. If you use social media and want to protect your browsing privacy, we recommend that you adjust your individual settings for each third-party social media company with whom you have an account, so as to minimize cross-site tracking.
- Note that LatticeWork, does not respond to DNT signals in order to provide the Services, maintain security and prevent fraud.
On your mobile device, your operating system may provide you with additional options to opt out of interest based advertising or to otherwise reset your mobile identifiers. For example, you may use the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
Please note that even if you opt out using the mechanisms above, advertisements may still be visible to you when using the Site and/or Applications.
Modifications to this Policy
How to Contact Us
2210 O’Toole Ave, Suite 250
San Jose, CA 95131
United States of America
© 2019 Latticework, Inc.